[LUG] Re: ftp and stuff

The story so far -- I had a D-Link DSL300T modem/router and ftp wouldn't
work; Robin pointed me to a writearound which might have worked but I got
iptables screwed up so I never found out.

I then had the idea that if I updated the firmware the ftp problem might
go away. The 20040618 firmware was more recent than mine so I got the files
and updated it. That all went well and I got 'Update sucessful' but then
something happened and I couldn't access the modem either from mozilla or
IE5. Maybe I could have sent it to D-Link and asked them to re-program it
but at that point I lost patience and bought a Netgear DG834G wireless
router. ftp now works.

Thanks to everyone who helped with advice.

Tony Sumner