Re: [LUG] Broadband ISPs ?

On Monday 06 September 2004 15:52, Mick Vaites wrote:
I'm certain I'm going to get flamed for this ..

.... but I work for an ISP (www.pobox.co.uk) I live in South Devon and I've
just ordered my ADSL line  .. YIPPEEEEE.

My reason for replying other that to give everyone the oportunity to flame
me for advertising is .. the switch software.

We bought Cisco Callmanager just over a year ago (second hand from the US
so know ideas of richness please)...

We run Cisco 7960 IPPhones .. (running Skinny .. but they will take a SIP
firmware load). The telephone network gateway is a router talking MGCP but
I know it will talk H323 .. does anyone have any experience in this area.

Sorry - I have a couple of phones talking SIP to the switch (all the lines
terminate in the house, but the SIPphones are in the shed^h^h^h^hoffice)
which is a linux-based PC running Asterisk.  Asterisk is approaching a 1.0
release, and I've been very happy with it so far. Of course I've got a grand
total of 1 PSTN line and an ISDN 2e connection, so It's hardly had industrial
use here.

The voicemail and CTI stuff is astounding (especially as it's free).
Anglicising the voice prompts will take us a month or more, so we speak
Canadian at the moment.

None of which answers your question, does it ?

But if you'd like to do some interoperability stuff once I have a real IP
address...

jd
--
John Daragon           argv[0] limited               john@xxxxxxxxxx
Lambs Lawn Cottage, Staple Fitzpaine, Taunton TA3 5SL, UK