Re: [LUG] Novell Resource Kit

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:47:00 +0100
David Bell <edos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To make sure that we have enough kits for all on the wait-list, please
refer anyone else interested in the Linux Technical Resource Kit, to
visit http://www.novell.com/community/linux/order.php sometime during
the middle of next week.

Damn!  "We appreciate your interest in the Linux Technical Resource Kit, offered by
the Novell Customer Communities. We are not currently taking orders for the kit
through this site. Future opportunities will be made public as soon as they are
available."

As mentioned on the original order site - the Novell Linux Technical
Resource Kit contains over 10 GB of licensed and evaluation software on
3 DVDs. The Kit includes:

- SUSE Linux Professional 9.1 (Bootable Installation DVD)
- SUSE Linux Entreprise Server 9 (ISO Installation Images)
- SUSE Linux Professional 8.2 (Installation ISO images for use with
Ximian Desktop)
- Ximian Desktop 2.0 Evaluation (ISO Image)
- Red Carpet 2.0.2 Evaluation (ISO Image)
- GroupWise for Linux 6.5.1 - Server, Client & Messenger (ISO Images)
- Novell Nterprise Linux Services 1.0 (ISO Image & NLS Companion CD)
- And more...

That sounds quite nice!  I have a NNLS Evaluation Kit that came from the Linux
User/Developer Expo, if anyone wants copies.  It contains:

Novell Nterprise Linux Services v1.0 CD
(apparently "transfer is prohibited")
Novell Partner Products CD
(just a bunch of html/pdf documents about Novell-happy products)
SuSE 8 / United 1 Linux Standard Server (4 CDs)
(3 discs labelled United, 1 disc labelled SuSE.  Boot from either SuSE/United disc
1 to determine flavour of install)

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.