[LUG] follow up to boot problems ....

Some time ago I posted a query to this group regarding boot snags with one of our computers under SUSE 9.0

The gist was that a computer which had been running perfectly under a 5 way multiboot regime, would, following reconfiguring with just SUSE 9.0, hang whilst performing it's memory check on start up unless it was physically disconnected from the power supply first.

Oddly enough, having just upgraded to 9.1, but not having so much as waved a screwdriver in the direction of the case, the problem has gone away.

It a bit academic now but out of interest, can anyone throw any light on how the running OS can affect the bios behaviour at the next system load??

Cheers

David

Lynx friendly