RE: [LUG] RE: SuSe 9.1 and Sony

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Grant Sewell
Sent: 29 June 2004 23:12
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] RE: SuSe 9.1 and Sony

I was under the distinct impression that the SuSE 9.1 ISOs were for the
"LiveEval" versions only.

You could be right Grant.  The only reason I thought that not to be the case
was that where I downloaded them from had three ISOs one clearly marked
"Eval" and the one I downloaded called "9.1-personal.iso".

The location was ftp.ntua.gr/pub/linux/suse/i386/9.1-personal.iso

The file name itself is SUSE-9.1-personal-x86(1).iso  The (1) was probably
put on by my download manager Filehound so probably isn't anything to do
with it.

In case you're wondering, the reason for all this hassle is to get a distro
the trackpad works with.  However since it is a documented fact that the
2.6.x kernels have had the input devices messed around (/dev/psaux no longer
works in user space) maybe I ought to just try an earlier distro like
Mandrake 9.1, which I already have on CD?

Kind regards,

Julian
---