Re: [LUG] Filename / Directory Names with Spaces in was: LUG Stuff...

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 10:27:11AM +0100, Brough, Tom wrote:
While this is all true I would personally discourage the use of spaces in
file and directory (folder) names. Although spaces on a fixed font command

Well said, except for the irritating disclaimer. :) Ah ah ah... no
excuses, post from another mail account ! :P

This command on my debian system turns spaces from my camera's jpgs to
dashes:

rename 's/\s/-/g' *.jpg

http://db.cs.helsinki.fi/~hendry/faqwiz/faqw.py?req=show&file=faq01.095.htp