Re: [LUG] Password-less SSH logins

On Sunday 30 May 2004 21:20, Peter Walker wrote:
Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
I'd like to be able to send and receive email over an SSH tunnel to my
webserver.  I tried following the instructions here...

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~england/ssh.html

...but I am still prompted for a password, not a passphrase.

Any suggestions?

I assume you are just trying to ssh into the remote machine at the
moment and that is what we are trying to get to work. have you tried
putting your public key in authorized_keys rather than authorized_keys2?

Yup, my RSA key is in both (spread-betting technique, see). ;-)

Another suggestion would be to try getting things running without
ssh-agent and see if that works.

I haven't got that far.  I'm just trying to ssh in and be asked for a
passphrase, rather than a password.

Cheers,

Jon