Re: [LUG] minimum requirements for webserver

On Sat, 22 May 2004 11:04:59 +0100, "luke"
<luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 22/05/2004 at 09:54 dave morgan wrote:

Hi all,
what are the minimum port numbers needed to be open to run a simple
web server? I have the firewall configured to let only port 80 thru
inbound, is this too restrictive?

(trying to get http://www.morgad.no-ip.info to work)

I just viewed your page with no problems.

Luke

Thanks Luke.

having 15Gb of free space for http://www.morgad.no-ip.info/dp to grow
into will help. Now I just have to sort my mains' wiring out so
switching off the desk-side light does not switch off the hub!

Dave
--
http://www.eclipse.co.uk/morgad/index.html    gpg:0x64B5E037
Distributed Proofreaders : http://www.pgdp.net