Re: [LUG] Computer shops and Linux

Hi

Number 3 is a good idea, how many hits do we have a week / month, as this would be a good incentive to small shops, if we are linking to them, in return for them say displaying our posters, or sticking a cdrom in a computer and booting it.

In terms of burning cd's thats a good idea if as was suggested there bulk run, I am happy to contribute to this, I have printed of a load of round removeable stickers with the linux penguin on, they could come in handy.

I think getting lables would look better if we can't get the cd's printed, how much to those cd' printers cost / cost to run, thats thought.

Regarding live eval cd's suse are still giving a way copies of previous distros, 9.0 atm or will do soon, for £5 postage. If you send them postage they will send out some stuff.

Posters are also a good idea, also posters promoting distros.

Paul

3) A list of Linux friendly shops on the DCLUG.

4) Donate some distros to the shop. Paul may already have some distros that were otherwise going to charity.

5) Burn off Knoppix and stick DCLUG address on them.

6) Posters, displayed in shops, of LUG events.

I don't have any labels for my CDRs so I will scribble the DCLUG URL on by hand for this pilot setup.

Thanks
Andrew