Re: [LUG] Indian version of Palm running embedded Linux

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 10:04:34AM +0100, Neil Stone wrote:
Kai Hendry wrote:
The stylus is such a bad input device, *sigh*.
What would you suggest ? brain implant ? A keyboard would be too large,
a stylus, while taking some getting used to, is great IMO. Even better
if they use dasher or similar...

You still need a lot of co-ordination to get used to dasher. :)

The keyboard is the only way to imo. You can cram an alphanumeric
keyboard into a mobile device, http://www.unitap.net/

If you going to jump up and down about how many hindi characters there
are, then I can say there is always some transliteration technique
available. I mentioned sometime ago, but a search can't find it about
how I've seen Japanese Debian guys use an alphanumeric keyboards (ok
qwerty) to write in their million letter alphabet with some cool program
that can expand and contract to the correct symbol.