RE: [LUG] Old hardware costings WAS: Promoting GNU/Linux through computer shop

Kai Hendry wrote:

I have first hand experience of recovering old hardware into a setup for
a parent's friend. The amount of time I had to spend configuring and
working out the slow legacy cranky old hardware was frankly
unbelievable.

Don't repeat my mistake.

It may interest some of our members (at the risk of yet another flame war )