Re: [LUG] downgrading in debian and problem in thunderbird

David Pithouse wrote:

Univ is currently big on teaching ASP and Oracle it seems, so it would
nice if the soc could at least support the ASP side.

I'm pretty sure Oracle will give you anything you want within reason -
they might wonder why you want to learn about Oracle Financials if you
try and download that - just sign up and tell the Oracle developer site
what you do and it'll probably offer you buckets loads of Oracle
software for Linux. They might be a bit miffed if the students launch
ShopPlymouthOnline.com without paying licence fees - but they are fairly
mellow if is primarily educational.

Although I only seem to use Postgres and MySQL and they seem adequate
for 99%+ occaisons.

I believe Theo use to offer ASP stuff (probably still does) - at least
I'm sure he ventured an opinion based on experience offree ASP software.