Re: [LUG] Selective IMAP sent-mail

On Sunday 28 March 2004 1:12, Simon Waters wrote:
Neil Williams wrote:
Just tell the MUA you want sent mails stored in a folder on the IMAP
server.

:-)

Is there a way of preventing list messages being stored along with other
sent mail? Is that a server config or a client config?

Not a server side way - IMAP ain't that smart - some mail clients would
let you.

OK, I'll use a cron job. I'll investigate passing the entire Sent mailbox to
maildrop with a custom mailfilter so that non-mailing list sent mails get
matched up with their original enquiry.

Unless you are amazingly prolific (or long lived) your entire mailing
list posts will only be a few 10's of MB per lifetime - why sweat the
small stuff. Or are these mailing lists that allowmulimedia attachments?

No, it's just that if I'm going to follow a conversation off-list, it's easier
if I can refer to previous messages whilst within the same thread, rather
than changing folders all the time.

The University of Washington IMAP server is very reticent about
identifying itself. Find out what deb and "apt-cache show" or read
/usr/share/doc/imap<mumbe>/*
ls: /usr/share/doc/im*: No such file or directory

Found it by using:
apt-cache pkgnames | sort | grep imap
then just going through
dpkg -s
for each one.
(Forgot how to pass the grep output to dpkg)

Found:
dpkg -s uw-imapd
Package: uw-imapd
Section: mail