Re: [LUG] Excel, OSS alt

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:35:39 -0000 (GMT)
"frank black" <frankblack@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I originally thought Excel was one of M$'s only decent apps but after
using it to do more than basic work I'm beginning to worry; if this is
supposed to be the best then what's the worst we've got. What
alternatives are there out there? The ability to interact with mySql,
Oracle sounds interesting too. I'd like to use these really but there's
not enough need to learn that much.

You might like to try the latest Gnumeric- I'm not sure about all its bells and
whistles, but it's getting there by most accounts.

terence