Re: [LUG] SOLARIS

PeterPETERLJ@xxxxxxx wrote:

Really basic question this, I am trying to get a Java interface running on my computer. The Java is running well thanks to the help I received at the meeting, thanks again. However the interface is not. I am being invited to download the stuff for Solaris/x86 (from the Sun Java site) to make it work. What is Solaris, will all Solaris code run under Linux, or what?

Peter

Solaris is Sun's proprietory operating system. Solaris executables won't run on Linux. What exactly are you being asked to downoad?
There is a Linux specific JRE.

Cheers,

Pete