[LUG] Perl NIC subroutine?

Hello,

Does anyone know of any perl module/subroutine which will return the
network interfaces (IP addresses) of the local system? Given, for
example, a system with interfaces lo and eth0 - I would like to know
what the IP adresses are (not too worried about 'lo'). Secondly, it
needs to be from 'standard' perl (version 5 onwards), that is, not some
obscure module which the user has to download and install :-)

I've had a quick look for this at lunchtime but found nothing. I have
the feeling that it exists and probably as some existing standard system
subroutine (i.e. part of Sys:: or some such).

Thanks,

John.