Re: [LUG] ENSIM

On Friday 30 January 2004 00:07, Simon Waters wrote:

l)\"?$/ REJECT For security reasons we reject attachments of this type

On the system I have been using for some years at the surgery I recently
commanded it to remove _all_ attachments and file them in a suitable
directory - many of them are papers that theoretically inform us of important
matters.

I'm looking at Postfix and I don't see how one sets it up to do that?
We get a note of the filename, fully qualified as a URL, to the "_incoming"
directory on the mailserver.

Spam - I think whitelisting is the best approach, not seen a filter that
comes close - so I'll stick with TMDA.

The whitelisting in Spamassassin together with its various other bits seems
useful.

With a threshold of 3 points, it has not made a false positive for a week,
although it lets through a few false negatives each day.  My annoyance level
has declined significantly.

I think SPF is worth pushing on one's ISPs, and I'd like some sort of access
token system so I can give people a selection of access tokens - one might
put them on one's business cards for instance.

NHS communications tend to score quite spammy, due to the use of "HTML" in
eamils, and the presence of attachments, and entertainingly, the choice of
email domains with 5 terminal numbers in the distinguisher for all general
practices except mine.
--
Adrian Midgley                   (Linux desktop)
GP, Exeter