Re: [LUG] mailing lists | VoIP-thanks | Meet | FreeBSD | Sparc

On Thursday 05 Feb 2004 9:17 pm, frankblack@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 - Thanks to the guy who gave me the VoIP tip :) I re-rang another number
and it's 9p/min to Madag, which is much better than the 20p/min I was
paying with the post office phone card. Thanks muchly.

If you want cheap international calls, there is a national rate number you can
call. It's operated by UKFSN who donate all their profits to free software
development in the UK, so there's another reason to use them.
The number is 0870 7947535.

 - Anyone got a Sparc box to bring along and play with? I could buy an IPC
(50mhz rubbish) but no monitor or keyboard... Alternatively any non-x86? I
have been deprived of the experience of a non-x86 solaris/bsd/linux install
and feel I haven't lived ;)

I have various non-x86 machines at home. I won't be able to go to the meeting,
but if someone wanted to collect something (from Tavistock) to take along for
the day that would be OK.
The best SPARC machines I have are: a SPARCstation 5 110MHz 96MB RAM running
Debian 3.0 and a SPARCstation 20 dual 55MHz running Debian Unstable.
I've also got a HP 712/80 which is 80MHz 64M RAM also running Debian 3.0.
I will also soon have a SGI Indy 150MHz 32MB RAM, but there is no OS installed
so that could be a challenge for someone!

Regards,
David.