Re: [LUG] Sendmail oddities

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Alex Stanley wrote:

I'm having problems sending mail through a relay.

- The relay's set up to accept mail from the IP of the Linux box

- I can telnet to port 25 of the mail relay from the Linux box.

- I can resolve the name of the relay on the Linux box using nslookup.

But, when the Linux box tries to send mail I get (addresses changed to protect
the guilty ;)) :

For a slightly more 'big stick' approach, if the only time your host
wants to send mail outside itself is to that relay, set the ip of the
relay in sendmail.cf on the line starting DS ... (where 10.10.10.10 is
your relay...)

DS10.10.10.10

(disclamer - my sendmail is rusty and I've not got a box to hand with it
installed on. Hurrah!)