Re: [LUG] Palm 100 sync help

On Sunday 01 Feb 2004 4:26 pm, David Kemplen wrote:

Please do NOT send HTML email to the list
http://www.dclug.org.uk/wiki/?id=email+etiquette

Please can anyone help, I have just started to use Linux Fedora Gnome  2.4
to get away from Mr Gates and I am having problems syncing my Palm 100 with

What software are you using to connect to the Palm?
BTW. Do you mean a Palm M100? There is no Palm 100 in the list of supported
PDA's:
http://wiki.pilot-link.org/index.php/DeviceMatrix

I'm using pilot-link with my Palm Tungsten E. I use pilot-link 0.11.8
http://downloads.pilot-link.org/pilot-link-0.11.8.tar.bz2
and kpilot 4.3.8 : http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home/

NOTE: Palm m100
Reports have been received that it works and that it doesn't with the serial
cable, OS unspecified.
http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home/hardware.html

Please send full details of error messages from pilot-link (rather than from a
GUI interface that doesn't give full error information.)

Ximian If I sign on as root it works as soon as I sign on as a user it wont
work. I have used chmod 777 /dev/ttyS(0-n)
and chmod a+wrx /dev/ttyS(0-n) and these commands seem to work I have read

It's not the /dev/ files you should be concerned with, what errors are you
getting from the sync software?

all the howto's and have found no pointers to the problem. Dave Kemplen

http://www.dclug.org.uk/wiki/?id=LinuxAndPDA
http://howto.pilot-link.org/evosync/gb.html
http://wiki.pilot-link.org/index.php/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

G1NSV