[LUG] V92 modems + Modem on hold

New user of Mandrake v9.0 on SMP (Compaq 5100) My ISP recently introduced full v92 protocol working and since I cannot justify spending money on broadband I am keen to take advantage of these features.
I installed a PCI Zoom 3025 on my Windows P100 box with success and since I found it the total solution to having only one phone line acquired a external Zoom 3049 V92 to use on my Linux box. This works fine straight out of the box on the Compaq 5100 using Kppp. Problem is I need a Linux app. which is a clone of 'NetWaiting Modem- on - Hold" to use its full capability. Does anyone have any possibilities - work around - suggestions I could pursue. Have googled and trawled forums till crosseyed without success. Tks in adv. yr cooperation. Phil (from Frome)