Re: [LUG] PSU adaptor

Andrew Rogers wrote:
Keith Abraham wrote:

A friend of mine has acquired a motherboard which has
2 power connections. One is the normal 20 pin ATX
connector but the other is a square 4 pin which,
according to the manual provides power to the CPU.

His PSU doesn't have a 4 pin connector.

I remember reading somewhere that someone else
had the same problem which was solved with an
adaptor.

Any one know where we can obtain one or even
what it's called?

Keith

I think it's 12V, if so I have a failed PSU that has this connector. You'll need to splice it into your friends PSU. I can pop it in the post if you wish, email me off list with address or if you want more info.

Regards
Andrew

For your CPU's sake and your peace of mind.. Get a new PSU that supports P4 motherboards. Far cheaper than a new CPU. Frank