Re: [LUG] Im very sad: OT

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 12:20 am, lee quick wrote:
On Monday 12 January 2004 11:42 pm, Julian Hall wrote:
tell her it's a fancy doorstop? ;)

perhaps i can convince her that its the latest M$ keyboard?
afterall it does run M$basic 1.1 (correction rip off from CP/M)
Still holding a grudge 20 years on!

hic

lee

Me too! No one seems to mention that anymore.
Occassionally the world at large needs to be reminded
of that.

In fact I can remember using CPM on a Z80 based machine
(with those awful 5 1/2in floppies) and was surprised at how
similar M$DOS was when Gates introduced it

Apologies for revealing my age but it gets worse. My first
computer was an Acorn machine,  the one with the
hexadecimal keyboard, a 6502 cpu and 256 bytes of memory!!
I still have it somewhere in the attic along with most of my
other old computers.)

Keith
--
SuSE 8.2 on ECS K7S5A/XP with 1.2GHz Athlon, 384MB RAM,
Maxtor 20GB HD and using KDE's Kmail