Re: [LUG] Im very sad: OT

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 12:16 pm, Rick Timmis wrote:
Oh the Joys of Elite, and Dragons.

I spent hours coding assembler on the Dragon 32. I still say the 6809E
was a better processor than the Z80 in the spectrum.

I however bought a spectrum in the main for the joy of Elite.

I got to Extremely Deadly, and Found the Cloaking Device. Shame no one
has put there mind to recreating a game like Elite...

Oh Oh Whats this on Sourceforge.net

Vegastrike, a 3D Elite type game using OpenGL. IF i could only get it to
run, but it doesn't want to play even with the latest GLUT3.7 Libraries
compiled into RedHat 9.0

If anyone has got this game running please tell me how you did it

Thanks Rick

take a look at http://www.geocities.com/dmalykhanov/utils/elite.html
IIRC that's how I got elite running under RH7.3

Jon