Re: [LUG] Konqueror, CSS and validation

On Monday 05 Jan 2004 8:11 pm, Tony Atkin wrote:
On Monday 05 January 2004 13:51, Neil Williams wrote:
I can't resist.

I only have one minor point. For
accessibility reasons, I wonder if you'd consider darkening the font
color

Thanks, on reflection I agree it's too light.

The CSS Validator is now back online too - as expected, no errors or warnings.

It's nice that even though you've had to write some horrible hacks to get
around IE bugs (like "/"}"/" for no apparent reason), the CSS still
validates. It's just like IE to introduce a bug and then follow it up with a
second bug that allows the knowledgeable to trick IE into avoiding the first
bug!
"MS bod1: Umm, I know, let's not bother fixing that bug, what we'll do is
quietly introduce a second bug that masks it. MS bod2: Yeah, we'll call it a
workaround!"

Gee whizz, what are they putting in the water in Seattle? (And how can we make
sure 'they' keep doing it just for them?)

--

Neil Williams