From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Kai Hendry
Sent: 07 December 2003 17:40
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] TFT Monitors

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 11:22:30AM +0000, Dave Lancaster wrote:
> They all worked fine with debian, Slack and OpenBSD. The only issues were
more general TFT related rather than Linux specific, such as..

> 1) If you watch a lot of movies or play fast moving games investigate
getting a display with a fairly good response time to avoid ghosting.

> 2) Make sure your graphics card and OS combination will support the native
resolution of the TFT or it will look terrible.

> 3) Have a play with Sub-pixel Sampling/Clear Type, some people swear by it
and others are wildly indifferent.

I would like to add to CAREFULLY check the warranty about dead pixels.

Dead pixels are very common!

Many TFT brands share the panel tech. So if Sony uses panel XYZ and
brand-you-never-heard-of uses panel XYZ and has some warranty but
cheaper, go for brand-you-never-heard-of.

If you have the space just get a good/expensive Sony/IIyama CRT imho.