[LUG] FA411

I'm having terrible problems with this card on a Sony
FX-101 laptop under Redhat 9. It appears to be totally
dead - no reaction to removal or replacement (not
beeping or anything else). On bootup I get :

"No IRQ known for pin A of device 01:02.1 try
PCI=biosirq
ds: no socket loaded!"

I read a help site on the web and followed the
instructions but they haven't solved the problem.

/etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start - gives:

"Starting PCMCIA services:
/lib/modules/2.4.20-8/kernel/drivers/yenta_socket.o:
init_module: No such device"

then some stuff about insmod errors being caused by
incorrect parameters and a reference to syslog & dmesg
(which don't contain anything about PCMCIA).

lsmod gives:

"pcmcia_core 57216 0" - which I assume is the crucial
module?

cardctl ident gives:

"no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices"

I changed /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia so that it reads

"PCIC=i82365"

as suggested on the help site but this doesn't work.

I'm getting extremely frustrated, can anybody help?