[LUG] mdk9.2 raw tree and MakeCD

I have download the mdk9.2 raw tree assuming i could build iso images using
the makecd scripts in the misc dir. But the scripts fail with :--

	build_list group
	WARNING: List 1 is empty, ignoring
	ERROR: basesystem package is not available.
	Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference
	at ..//misc/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/Mkcd/List.pm line 342.

the command i am running is

	./MakeCD -a /mnt/hd/9.2/i586/

where current dir is /mnt/hd/9.2/i586/misc and the mdk raw tree
is /mnt/hd/9.2/i586.

All instructions i can find just point to running the makecd scripts. I assume
i am missing some package location information? Any help greatly recieved!

Robin