Re: [LUG] redhat nolonger producing errata.

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 20:36, Jon Lawrence wrote:
> A question for those of you running production webservers on RedHat system.
> What a you going to be using after RedHat stop producing errata on 31 Dec 03 ?

I didn't think that was until April next year?

I'll probably get mgmt to buy RH Enterprise server - need to work out
the costs though. The Uni has made well use of RH so I think they can
now pay a bit for it.

For myself I'll take a look at RH Enterprise workstation - I gather it
costs a bit more but includes updates (i.e. the RHN up2date stuff).
Other than that I must admit I've been waiting to see what others are
doing and to see what happens with the other distributions. If everyone
moves over to another distro then RH may change their policy (again).
Alternatively if everyone does move to a different distro then maybe
that distro will start making changes, charging more or whatever.

John.