Re: [LUG] Anyone used a TV Card

Luke wrote:

Anyone used a TV Card?

I just got a nvidia geforce mx440 with tv out running on my debain machine,
i also have it tacked to a dsl connection.

Anyone got any ideas of any cool stuff i could do?

Cheers,
Luke

I have a bt878 TV in card and a VIA EPIA Motherboard with TV out. I'm very tempted to put the two together, throw in a DVD rom (or possible DVD -R now prices have fallen) and a 100GB hardrive and make myself a VCR like device. Maybe I should call it a VHDR (Video harddrive recorder). I have the case from a failed VCR to put it all in.

I estimate that 1 second of video takes 3MB so that means that 80GB will be over 400 mins of video, far more than E240 cassettes.

While I'm on the subject, any suggestions for extremely low noise harddrives? My CPU VIA Eden has no fan, I will make my own PSU, again with no fan. It's got to be really silent so that I can record OU programs and still be able to sleep in the same room.

Any suggestions for which OS I should use:)

Is there a limit on how large an ext3 partition can be?

Regards
Andrew Rogers