Re: [LUG] cures for paid inclusion and search engine spoofing?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:53:01 +0000
Adrian Midgley <akm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/features/story.jsp?story=462989
>
> Google is one of the more conspicuous examples of a service that works
> well for Linux-users, one cannot envision that persisting were it
> supplanted by or bought by Microsoft.

Try this for a really good non-laugh:

"Microsoft really, really wants Google. It wants Google for one reason,
namely, to strip it naked and to castrate it. Microsoft wants to put an end
to people being able to use the power of Google, especially as to the way
that we all can use Google as a tool which makes the Internet particularly
useful in helping us all to get through our days without depending on
Microsoft.

 Here's an exercise for all to try. Search Google for Linux Windows That gets
you about 14 million pages, even with the English preference or filter turned
on. Now, got to msn.com and search the Microsoft way for the same two words.
You get exactly 18 pages. The word censorship doesn't seem to do justice to
what Microsoft has done to a msn user who wants to compare Linux with
Windows, does it?"

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12603