[LUG] (OT) USB Device development

Hi all,

Anyone got any experience with usb device development or a good understanding
of USB?. Basicly i have lashed a ISP1181A Phillips usb chip (in device mode)
to a z80195 processor, assembled philips example code *BY HAND* from c to z80
asm (c compiler is not possible) and have things basicly working to the point
where it is starting to enumerate and has recieved setaddress and
get_device_descriptor(). but this results in a bulk/control timeout. I have
spent many days debugging the asm and it looks solid but the host will not
accept the return descriptor.

My only idea for the minute is to hack in to the linux usb code and add loads
of debug to see what the host thinks my device is sending and where exactly
enumeration is failing.

Any ideas greatly recieved?