Re: [LUG] Installation onto a Firewire Disk

On Monday 17 Nov 2003 10:07 am, Matt Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend at work wants to get into GNU/Linux, and wants to install it onto
> his Dell Inspiration 8200.
>
> Has anyone got any experience with installing onto a firewire disk?
>
> If I understand correctly, the module ieee1394 needs to be loaded, and then
> the disk should be easily mounted as /dev/sda1 - however, what would need
> to be done to get this to boot each time?

I do have a few distros in my LinuxFormatDVD collection that might be
suitable, some that fit on a floppy, one complete GUI distro that fits on a
128MB USB stick.

Tell me more (like how big is the firewire disc, what other connection methods
does the box have etc.) - off-list if you like. I'll have a hunt through the
documentation of the super-small distros.

--

Neil Williams