Re: [LUG] KDE3 on Debian

On Saturday 11 October 2003 18:17, Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
> I'm running Debian Unstable on my laptop, so far without any stability
> problems I might add, but I'd like to use KDE3 instead of Gnome.  As far
> as I can tell, there isn't any version of KDE currently installed.  When
> I type "apt-get install kde", it says:

-- Snip ---

not a debian expert but in the RPM or tgz world it is necessary to install kde
in the following order

arts
kdelibs
kdebase

etc...

what does/would this do:-

apt-get install arts
apt-get install kdelibs
apt-get install kdebase

I have the impression that apt-get should follow dependencies automaticly? so
i assume it isn.'t but if you install the packages in that order that may?
help

Regards
Robin