[LUG] updating suse 8.2 to 9

Hi

If I use Yast Online Update after the release date of suse 9, will it
automatically update my suse install to 9.  Or do I have to obtain the cd's
or iso images and do it that way.,  There seems to he an option for system
update.

AFAIK it should update to kernel 2.4.22.

If it does, and I guess will only require 1 reboot that is really imoressive.
Mind you if thast is the case I am going to need the cd;s anyway in order to
install on a new computer when i build one,  this will be 100% windows XP
free, cos I can't afford it. the money I save on XP oem will get me around 2
copies of the update from the linux mag offer. plus a penquin toy or
something :-)

Paul

--
Message by Paul Sutton