[LUG] Running stuff in the background?

Hi all, just a quick question about, guess what?  Running stuff in the background.

OK, here's the scenario:
I would like to have a fullscreen, transparent console running over my wallpaper that has a constanly updating 'dmesg' style output available to hand at all times.  What I have done so far is to add the following line to my .xinitrc, right at the beginning so it appears underneath everthing else (xmms, gkrellm, etc):

	exec aterm -geometry 228x86+-3+-26 -tr +sb -rv +vb -e tail -F /var/log/syslog& (yes, I know the geo is large: I'm running @ 1600x1200)

This works well, however, it is not quite as I want it.  Using the Sawfish WM, I still need to use the window's menu (ie hold <ALT> and middle-click anywhere on the window) to make it unfocusable, uncyclable and not appear in the window list, as well as being sticky so as to appear on all workspaces.

Here's the crunch question:
Is there a way to make this window unfocusable, uncyclable, non-listed, and non-interactive (I can still type things in it, although it does nothing since it is not presenting a shell, and because it is still an interactive window, I have no menu access from the root screen), and appear on all workspaces automagically?  Any extra switches I need to add to the line in my .xinitrc?  Effectively, what I am looking for is something to act like a background image with dmesg-style information continually updating on it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated as I've been pondering over this for a while, and the above is the best I can come up with so far...

Cheers all.

--Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.