Re: [LUG] payroll

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 09:37:14PM +0000, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> I agree on the interface, but many people would have reached for Python,
> Perl, or even C, rather than the shell language.  I think.

At debconf I saw some hackers put together a debian installer in bash.
Bash is fast. Portable. Efficient.

It was humbling to see as a python advocate. Python has a huge footprint
compared to bash. Perl is just nasty. ;) And C is always hard.

For some reason bash is not a hip scripting language. But after debconf
I will never overlook it!