RE: [LUG] Linux & Schools

Paul Said

>But star office is free to schools anyway and has the support and manuals.
But I see your point.

I thought there was a £10 "site license" fee for schools. I guess a case of
cheap rather than free bear ?

Kai Said:

>If any of you are thinking of working with school and Linux, I IMPLORE
you to check out the latest SkoleLinux:

Ive been using K12LTSP for a couple of years now (because its been there and
works well), but in the light of what's happened at RH HQ in terms of their
download editions, I am waiting to see what happens at K12LTSP HQ but I
guess I might be persuaded to shift. I think I am right is assuming that
SkoleLinux also has LTSP support ? Only thing is it means learning how to
install debian yes ? Oh hum more config stuff to learn.

Tom.

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is the intended solely for the person ( or persons) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender,
and please delete the message from your system immediately. The views in
this message are personal, they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council.