[LUG] Upgrades

Hi All,

I have used Linux for some two years now. One of the things that annoys
me is that sometimes I am forced to upgrade my version (Mandrake)
because new (and improved??) versions of some of the programs that I use
are available for the latest version of Mandrake only.

I am in that situation now. I use Mandrake 9.0, and I would like to
upgrade my copy of Rekall database. There is a new, and apparently much
better version now out but only for Mandrake 9.1.

Up to now I have always done a complete new installation of the new
Mandrake version every time. (Obviously I have copied certain files
across via my zip drive.)

I have never tried to simply upgrade to the new version as I have always
been to worried that I might finish up with a completely messed up hard
drive. (I see that version 9.2 is just out now).

Have any lug members any experience of upgrading to a new version with
Mandrake? And would the jump from 9.0 to 9.2 be dangerous? Any advice
gladly received.

TIA

Neil