[LUG] pop3d (inetd) problems,

Hi all,

installed dhcp all OK. my pcs ip is now dynamic between
192.168.0.128-192.168.0.254 (it was static on 192.168.0.2). Now pop3d will
not let me connect (nor will imapd) it dies with "connection reset by peer"
in mail.log.

other services (samba/apache) seem ok so i assume it is inetd related.
Hosts.allow allows basicly everything. (yes naughty i know) . no other errors
anywhere.  I had this when i first set the servers up some years ago and it
went away when i either added a /etc/hosts entry for my pc or a dns entry.
there for i assume it is a reverse look up, no host associated with ip
address type problem.

What can i do to make the inetd services accessable without /etc/hosts or dns?

Thanks

Robin