Re: [LUG] Cheap/Free source of old Sun workstation parts?

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 20:18, Daniel Palmer wrote:
> Michael Chidley wrote:
>
> |Have you tried on Ebay?
>
> yep, very little available and quite expensive; even worse is that a lot
> of it looks like it came from a skip anyway :\ Alas it seems there's a
> big gap between what the stuff is really worth and what people will try
> and sell it to you for.
>
> /me will have to try and source out the great Sun skip and raid some
> goodies for himself instead :)

We have Sun's (including SS20's) here at the Uni but I'm afraid
disposing of stuff is very much tied up with red-tape. However, you may
want to try the Bristol and Bath LUG, they have a few bods that seem to
have Sun stuff. You may need to dig out an address from lug.org.uk, the
mailing list address is bristol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards,

John.