Re: [LUG] SCo & kernel spat

On Saturday 09 August 2003 10:48, you wrote:
> I read on the register that sco are planning at some point to
> try going after the little guys because any court case
> involvig IBM and code use in the 2.4 kernel could be 2 or 3
> years away.
> The isea is that anyone using older kernels will be left alone
> but otherwise that want to start charging a license fee.

I hope at that point the trading standards people would take an
interest.
At the moment it is if anything in the domain of the OFT, who
did not yet see scope for acting when I spoke to them earlier in
the week.

Downloading the copy of the kernel sources that SCO are making
available for free FTP download under the GPL and which is 2.4
might be a reasonable thing to do.  You can then point to the
source code that SCO have provided and the licencing conditions
they published with it, even if you have chosen to alter the
version you are using in some ways.

26 MBytes.
ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/updates/OpenLinux/3.1.1/Server/CSSA-2003-020.0/SRPMS/linux-2.4.13-21S.src.rpm

--
From the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/