Re: [LUG] 2 questions

On Thursday 07 August 2003 16:39, Tonsern Wilhelm wrote:

> 1.Q: Is there a (logical) difference between "Netscape"(MS) and
> "Mozilla"(Linux) ?

Well Netscape is being discontinued so will no longer be developed. If you're
trying to choose between the two you may as well choose Mozilla for both
Windows and Linux.

> 2.Q: Is it possible (Linux) to accelerate the start of a big application
> like Mozilla or OpenOffice?
>        In other words: I'm looking for a pre-load issue: the application
> has to be (pre-) loaded at boot time in order to stand-by waiting &
> watching for my click on the launcher ...

I believe there is a pre-loader for OpenOffice which works with KDE but I've
no idea what it's called. I think it comes with SuSE...

David.