[LUG] problems

Hi

Essentially I can get as far as the xsetup page, it tells me that the
monitor (0) jd0090 does not exist, set up  manually so i do this but it
keeps saying the same thing, or if it does accept what i use when I test it
the screen goes blank,   normally i have a green power light but this goes
orange, like with power saving or perhaps internal protection if the refresh
rate is too high,  but I enter the settings from the manual,

This worked fine in 8.1,  i am at a loss,  if i enter run level 3 and type
sax that fails too, as does yast2 when changing the video options,  running
xf86config, works, but i did that before and ended up with fonts that were
unreadable, so thats not an option.

This is my second install attempt,  so I am getting rather disillusioned
with something that is supposed to be beginner proof,  for all the reboots
windows works,  (i hate saying that),  I follow the instructions.

my first attempt also failed,  I tired to run the nvidia .run file from init
1 but that came up with various errors,  but that should be fixilble
something to do with kernel headers so I assume i need the kernel source and
libraries installedl

if anyone can help that would be great,  there is an option for vesa
monitor, where I can select a simple 800x600 display but that even failes,as
it says it can't find the monitor,  jd144l, from this I think it's a JEAN,
monitor as that has the jd prefix on the numbers,  mine is not listed,
where it got the jd0090 (or whatever) from i don't know.

paul