Re: [LUG] SUSE 8.2

	Yes very curious that SuSE have withdrawn
	the Nvidia driver. I hadn't realised that until you
	pointed it out. If I remember correctly a KDE
	update I made some time ago is also missing.
	I wonder why.

	Incidently most people don't seem to realise that
	under SuSE 8.2 you can use Konqueror
	(as a browser) to download and install rpms.
	It even reports any dependancy failures.
	Of course it's not so powerful as YOU so it
	doesn't do any configuring.
	Also I think I remember someone on the www
	said it will even install sources. However I haven't
	tried it.

Keith
---
On Thursday 31 July 2003 11:20 pm, klsb wrote:
> On Thursday 31 July 2003 09:44, paul wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Does anyone have a copy of Suse 8.2 they could send me please, I can send
> > blank cd's in return and pay postage costs or whatever.
> >
> > I am going to see if that nvidia installer works on 8.1 and thought a
> > copy of suse 8.2 would be useful as a back up plan.
> >
> > I am also downloading openoffice 1.1 rc 2 if anyone is interested.  It's
> > finally out of beta,
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Paul
> >
> >Dear Paul
>
> The Nvidia website warns against using the installer for 8.1, it says it is
> better to use the rpms.
>
> Why on earth did SUSE take the necessary drivers off their on-line update
> site!
>
> Cheers keith
>
> > --

SuSE 8.2 on ECS K7S5A/XP with 1.2GHz Athlon, 384MB RAM, Maxtor 20GB HD and
using KDE's Kmail