Re: [LUG] scroll Mouse

Rob Thyssen wrote:

On Thursday 03 Jul 2003 10:04 pm, Paul Sutton wrote:

Hi

I am trying to help another user who is currently using slackware 9,  he is
on the list but has no home net access yet,  he is trying to get a scroll
mouse working,  can anyone with slackware 9 offer advice, he lives in
paignton same as me.

paul

I don't live in Paignton and I don't run slackware but he might try checking his XF86Config-4 file.

First off, this little tidbit will probably only solve the simplest of scroll mouse problems and even then, only if his mouse is a PS2 device, but here goes.

In the mouse section there may be a line which reads:
Option		"Protocol"		"PS/2"

It should be changed to read:
Option		"Protocol"		"IMPS/2"

Failing that, the mother of all scroll mouse howto documents can be found at:
http://koala.ilog.fr/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

It must be the most boring document ever written so tell your friend to find a comfy seat that does back massages before he digs in.

/rob

The other option you'll need is

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

This is the mouse section from my XF86Config-4

Section "InputDevice"

   Identifier "Mouse1"
   Driver      "mouse"
   Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
   Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
   Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

# Option "ChordMiddle"

EndSection

Regards Andrew Rogers