[LUG] ide raid woes

So, I get this box specified with a raid thing going on on the
motherboard, which comes with linux drivers.

This is out of stock, so the supplier supplies an Sil0680 card for the
machine which needs something like a 2.4.21 kernel to work.

Of course, when installing from stable Debian CDs, this is not
possible.

So, after a day fo pissing about trying, and failing to make custome
boot floppies I've come to the conclusion that I've got to give it
back.

So, what PCI IDE RAID card am I going to ask for instead?

Steve