[LUG] CDBurning

Hello, from someone with less hair than before the weekend! First my win98
system fat went down then reinstalled ok, then went down again. I thought I'd
upgrade Linux and that reported serious errors. SO now I've used the whole
hard drive for linux (but will, perhaps, get another drive for win98 for the
children's games, etc.).

Had I backed up my important stuff onto CD's - NO! because I was having
problems with the software. X-CD-Roast seemed promising and, having set it
up, I seemed to be able to write to CD's but I couldn't read them after on
Linux or another Winbox. Having installed Mandrake 9.1 I saw K3b, which seems
easy to setup and use. I wrote a single session data CD onto 650MB (74min)
CD-R and all seemed to be alright (except that fixating seemed to take a long
time). But, I can't read the CD on either of my two machines. The drive is a
Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R1002 combi drive which seems to be accurately recognised
by the setup app and emulating a SCSI. Any thoughts? Thanks.