Re: [LUG] Mouse

Richard Brown wrote:
Dear All

Am trying out Slackware and so far so good except.... When I startx from
login, the KDE screen comes up and I can see the pointer for a mouse but
when I move the mouse the pointer disappears and the mouse is gone! I am
using a Logitech serial mouse. I can try to connect a PS2 but in the
past this has proved worse than the serial. Any ideas and how do I
configure the PS2?

Thanks

Rich

Sounds to me like the mouse has been incorrectly detected...

/etc/X11/XF86Config(-4) would be where the driver settings are..

/dev/psaux is for ps/2 and

/dev/ttyS? is for serial (generally) if that helps at all..

USB are usually /dev/input/mice

HTH

Neil