Re: [LUG] Debian

On Saturday 10 May 2003 15:52, Kai Hendry wrote:
> Yes. This is where I rant once again that you should use PACKAGES and
> *you* the user should NOT compile sources.

Sorry, are you advocating the use of stock kernels over custom compiled ones
or are you referring to general software instillation? In regards to general
software (including getting the kernel sources) I whole heartedly agree,
which is why I pointed out that using apt-get to install the sources would be
better than downloading them from kernel.org if possible.

I can't quite believe you could mean the other and are touting stock kernels
over custom!

Dan

--

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"

	-- Salvor Hardin